Sports Premium Report 2017-18
Principles At Woodthorpe Primary School:
We ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all our pupils.
We recognise that there are many benefits to ensuring that all children participate in sports or other physical activities:
o Develops strength, mobility and physical endurance
o Supports the establishment of healthy lifestyles for life
o Helps in weight control, especially important in light of current levels of childhood obesity.
o Develops social skills especially team work
o Develops friendships
o It is fun!
Our intention is to use additional funding in three ways:
o to broaden our provision to offer a wider remit of activities;
o to ensure that all children have the opportunity to take part in a sporting activity everyday ;
o to consolidate existing provision.
Sport Premium Funding is universal and therefore our aim will be for maximum benefit for all our pupils, including and especially those that may not ordinarily see themselves as ‘sporty’. Our typical current provision includes:
· One hour of sports coaching delivered by specialist Sports coach.
· Swimming for Year 3 & 4 children in the spring and summer term.
· A wide range of clubs including football, tag rugby, netball, rounders, gymnastics, athletics and multi-skills.
· Participation in local tournaments and leagues.
· Participation in one-off taster events i.e. year 2 girls football!
· Bikeability training for Y6.
· Residential Outdoor Adventurous Activities – 3 day stay in Y6
How we allocate the funding:
Although the Sports Funding Grant is a huge boost we offer sports opportunities above what could be purchased with the actual grant.
To broaden our provision to offer a wider remit of activities
£20,000 to employ a full-time sports coach.
£2000 to take part in cluster sports partnership events and receive additional sports coaching.
To ensure that all children have the opportunity to take part in a sporting activity everyday ;
£500 to purchase new equipment for sports lessons.
£200 to purchase sports equipment for play-times.
To consolidate existing provision.
£300 for new sports kits.
£500 to support pupils on the year 5&6 residential.